14. The Body Creme by La Mer - My Dream Cream. And worth every penny!
15. Gaultier 2 by Jean Paul Gaultier (top) I have yet to not love any fragrance by Gaultier. This one is unisex - a powerful combination of vanilla, musk and amber. A future staple for me for sure.
16. All Aunt Hagar's Children by Edward P. Jones (top) I am so behind in my reading (for enjoyment) but this collection of stories, set in Washington D.C. throughout the 20th century, will be one of my "catch up" books.
17. WOW Gospel 2006 - I will never be too cute to get my praise on!
18. Laura Mercier's Golden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc
(top) God, I heart Laura Mercier! This is right up my alley - golden
bronze perfection for my eyes and cheeks in five seconds flat. As
much as I love it, I just can't be bothered with taking hours to do my
makeup (my hair on the other hand...)
19. Deja Vu - No, not that Deja Vu - I'm talking about Denzel's new movie! He plays a detective who experiences you-know-what when he is seemingly able to travel back in time and meet a woman as her murder approaches. Paula Patton, the lead actress in Idlewild plays Denzel's ill-fated love interest. I thought that was interesting because the previews for Deja Vu ran when I saw Idlewild and I didn't even realize that she was the same person!
20. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk - No, I don't own stock in Carol's Daughter! But I am newly natural and I wanted to try this because my new blog buddy Afrobella seems to be in love with it. I have to say, I'm not disappointed.
21. Apple Pitcher by Williams-Sonoma - Isn't it cute? I would keep something like this on my desk for my water. Anything to keep me entertained as I sit for hours on end writing. It would also make a nice conversation piece.
22. Diahann Carroll on Grey's Anatomy -I hear she's going to play Dr. Burke's mom and I'm just thrilled to see an actual diva get exciting work! And... I've got a special place in my heart for Diahann Carroll. Born Carol Diahann Johnson in New York, she modeled as a teen before her film and music career took off. And the kicker for me? She once competed in a "Negro" beauty contest with my aunt in the early fifties!
Uh, Shonda Rhimes? Girl, you are the bomb...