I was a little under the weather last week, so forgive me if I'm a little late with some of these things...
* Although I enjoyed my first Fashion Week in New York a few weeks ago, I may have missed the Fashion Week at the recently concluded London shows since Prince famously rocked the runway for Matthew Williamson. Yeah, I admit it - I just wanted an excuse to put Prince on my site! He knows all about 55 Secret Street of course...
* Jaime Pressly and her widely-panned St. John Couture dress at the Emmy Awards made me think of a New Yorker article about her a few years ago, 2003 to be exact, The Almost It Girl. She kept stressing to the writer of the article how badly she wanted to be taken seriously in Hollywood. Hopefully her new Emmy has solved that problem for her.
* Interesting article about Eartha Kitt in the Sunday New York Times called The Wild Child's Delight on her affinity for hornet's nests. Yes, hornet's nests. I say 80-something legends can like whatever they want!
* Speaking of legends, I can't wait to hear the duet Aretha Franklin is doing with Fantasia (Oh wait, here it is - Let Me Put You Up On Game), but I can't get behind the idea of mommy-to-be Halle Berry playing Aretha in a movie on her life - especially when Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah are available! I respect my legends so I will not comment further
unless she brings it up again.
* I am always in SoHo and I recently stopped into the Todd Oldham home design store (all of the floor samples were on sale by the way) but I am glad to hear that he is stepping back into fashion. He has joined Old Navy as it's Creative Director and, of course, his eponymous clothing line is on the way too.
* Still can't get enough of Dominican hair care tips? Good, because Tia Williams has a yet another tip for Dominican Hair Preservation (hint: Philosophy's Shear Splendor Age-Defying Hair "Marinating" Oil for Chemically Treated, Chronically Dry Hair.